Please read all the terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, please phone 07788240158.
- These terms and conditions will apply to the purchase of goods by you (the Customer or you) from Purl A Row, 9 Fore Street, Lostwitheil, Cornwall PL22 0BP with email firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone number 07788240158 (the Supplier, Us or We)
- These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to You. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession.
- Contract means the legally binding agreement between You and Us for the sale and purchase of Goods.
- Delivery Location means the Customer’s premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order.
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you, of the number and description as set out in the Order.
- Order means the Customer’s Order for the Goods from the Supplier as set out in the Customer’s Order, or in the Customer’s written acceptance of the Supplier’s quotation.
- The description of the Goods is as set out in our website, catalogue, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only due to the nature of our surprise boxes, and therefore the items pictured will not be those you receive.
- In the case of Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide is accurate.
Basis of sale
- The description of the Goods in our website, catalogues, brochures, or other form of advertisement does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods.
- When an Order has been made, we can reject it for any reason, although we try to tell you the reason without delay.
- A Contract will be formed for the Goods ordered, only upon the Supplier sending an email to the Customer to confirm the order, or if earlier, the delivery of the Goods to the Customer.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, price or otherwise, can be made once it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these terms and conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Customer where we, the Supplier and you the Customer, enter the Contract at any of the Supplier’s business premises, and where the Contract is not a Contract (i) for which an offer was made by the Customer in the Supplier’s and Customer’s simultaneous physical presence away from those premises, or (ii) made immediately after the Customer was personally and individually addressed in the Supplier’s and the Customer’s physical presence away from those premises. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract of terms and conditions which are more appropriate to you and which might, in some way, be better for you, eg by giving cancellation rights pursuant to consumer protection law. Business premises means immovable retail premises where we carry on business on a permanent basis, or in the case of moveable retail premises, on a usual basis.
Price and payment
- The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges for the Goods, and the total price of them and the charges, is that set out in our price list current at the date we accepted the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- Payment for Goods must be made in advance of delivery. You must pay through the checkout options supplied on the website. In the case of recurring payments, these are managed by Paypal Subscriptions and will be taken automatically once a month as explained during the subscription registration.
- Recurring payments and/or subscriptions may be cancelled at any time.
- We will deliver the Goods to the Delivery Location by the time or within the period agreed, or failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can, (in addition to any other remedies) treat the contract at an end if:
- We have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or if You told us before the Contract was made that delivery was essential; or
- After we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them before any refund will be executed.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands. If, however, we accept an order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
- If you, or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering the Goods.
- The Goods will become Your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection.
Risk and title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, the Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If a subscription payment is overdue, then the Goods will not be posted out to you.
Withdrawal and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- You can cancel the Contract except for any Goods which are made to your special requirements by telling us no later than 7 days after the Contract was made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without liability, except in that case, you must return to any of our business premises the Goods in undamaged condition at your expense. Then we will without delay refund to you the price for those Goods, but we may retain any separate delivery charge. This does not affect your rights when the reason for the cancellation is defective Goods.
- We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- Be of satisfactory quality
- Be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgement) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- Conform to their description.
- It is not a failure to conform if the failure has it’s origin in your materials.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something that is beyond it’s reasonable control:
- The party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- The party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that the party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery and the right to cancel.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for: (i)loss which is not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profits) to the Customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Customer because the Supplier believes that the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract, (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland, or Northern Ireland, in the courts respectively of Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs, Customers should contact us directly. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 7 days.
- This document was drawn up using Rocket Lawyer rocketlawyer.co.uk