Soft comfortable cotton and baby alpaca blend with a matt finish in pale colours. Cotton-Alpaca is a fantastic yarn for making openwork stitch jackets and cardigans or striped tops for the spring season. This yarn is also perfect for making accessories for the warmer seasons like neck warmers and hats.
Each ball weighs 50 grams and has 150 meters. This is a medium weight yarn and we recommend using size 3.5-4mm (4-6 U.S.) knitting needles and size 2.5mm (C2 U.S.) crochet hook. 5 balls of yarn are required to make a size 12 woman’s short sleeved jumper. To make a 10x10cm (4×4″) tension square work 20 sts and 24 rows. Machine washable up to 30º using a wool cycle. Do not tumble dry.
- Tanguis Cotton 85%, Baby Alpaca 15%
- Yarn Length/Weight150m (160yds) per 50g (1oz 3/4),
Sport & 4-Ply
- Tension Swatch20 stitches & 24 rows = 10x10cm (4×4″)
- Suggested Knitting Needle Size3½-4mm (US 5-6)
- Suggested Crochet Hook Size2½-3mm (US C-D)
- Care InstructionsDo not bleach, Low iron 110ºC, Machine Washable at 30ºC Wool Cycle